The first day of school is a big day for kids and parents alike. It’s the first day your child leaves your home and goes to school. It is important to say some prayers for your child.
For kids, it’s an exciting time to meet new friends, learn new things, and experience independence. Some kids may be a little nervous about the first day of school because they’re not sure what it will be like. As a parent, you can help your child feel more comfortable by praying with them before they go off to school.
Read Also: 7 Prayers to Pray over Your Child Everyday
Prayers for Your Child’s for the First Day of School
Here are some prayers that you can pray with your child:
1. Lord, I pray for your protection and guidance for my child today.
2. Thank you for the gift of this day, Lord.
3. Please help my child to learn from his mistakes and make good choices today.
4. Help him to be kind and respectful toward his teachers and peers at school today, Lord.
5. Guide him to do his best in all his classes today, Lord!
6. May he listen attentively to what is taught in class today without interrupting others or talking out of turn (if applicable).
Read Also: 20 Powerful Bible Verses for Safe Delivery
7. Please help him not to be distracted by his friends while doing his work at school today! Help him not give in to peer pressure or temptations that will distract him from doing well academically at school today!
8. I pray that my child will be able to focus on learning new material in class today without getting distracted by other things going on around him/her during class time.
9. Please Lord, help my child not get frustrated with himself/herself if he/she does not understand something new taught in class during the first few days of school! Please help him/her ask for clarification about something confusing so that learning can be easy.
10. May my child have a teacher who will love and guide him.
11. May my child learn to be kind and respectful to their classmates, teachers, and all adults in their life.
Read Also: 10 Helpful Tips to Change A Violent Son
12. Father, help my child to navigate through tough times, disappointments, and heartache with strength and grace.
13. Let my child learn from their mistakes and grow stronger each day by learning from their experiences.
Prayers for Your Child in School
14. Almighty Father, let my child know that you are always there for them when they need you most, even if it’s just a hug, a smile, or an encouraging word of encouragement!
15. May my child have many friends that support him/her on this new journey into adulthood!
16. Father Lord, help his/her teachers to understand when he/she makes mistakes, give them the patience to deal with my child.
17. Mighty God, please help my child to be obedient and kind to his teacher.
18. God, please help my child to have a good attitude towards school.
19. Lord, please help my child learn what he must know to be successful in the classroom today.
20. God, please help my child to remember that he is not a baby anymore, but a big boy or girl who must learn many things at school today and every day of the year ahead of him/her.
21. Dear God, please help my child to remember that you have given him/her special gifts, and these gifts should be used each day at school so that he/she can grow up into an adult who can make a difference in this world with his/her life’s work for Your glory alone!
22. Father Lord, please help my child’s teacher(s) today to be patient with him/her when he/she does not understand something new or does not want to do something new at school today!
The Bottom Line
The first day of school is a big deal. It’s the start of a new chapter in your child’s life and the beginning of a new adventure for you as well.
You may be nervous about sending your child to school for the first time. You might even be worried about how they will handle the transition from home to the classroom. But don’t worry too much — be prayerful, and everything will be alright.
Reasons Why Pregnant Women Need to Pray for Their Unborn Child
10 Things to Do if You Catch Your Child Watching Pornography
10 Important Things About Love to Tell Your Son When He Turns 18
Prayers for Overdue Pregnancy and How to Handle It
7 Prayers to Pray Over Your Child Everyday